The “BUD SWIFT” Memorial Veterans Grant
Hubert J. Swift (Bud) Loving husband, father & Papa 1937 -2022
Bud was an avid military patriot and served in the National Guard. He led a life driven by honor, dignity, pride, and integrity. He instilled these traits in his family. He enjoyed being outdoors, fishing, hunting, skeet shooting or just sitting and grilling out.
This grant will be given once a year to a military veteran that meets the requirements. A combination of at least two board members or executives of SOAR will be responsible for awarding The ‘’BUD SWIFT’’ Memorial Veterans Grant.
Please be patient as we update our grant form which will download to your computer. Please fill out the entire form and either fax it to 708-478-8695 or mail it to SOAR 10254 W. 195th Street Mokena, Illinois 60448 for grant consideration.
SOAR 2022 The ‘’BUD SWIFT’’ Memorial Veterans Grant Application
To all applicants, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!
To apply for an Individual Adaptive Equipment grant online, please carefully read over all information below and then complete the online form at the bottom.
To apply via mail, download the grant application and mail the completed application to:
10254 W. 195th Street
Mokena, Illinois 60448
Eligibility Requirements For Individual Grants:
- Assistance is awarded to spinal cord injury survivors with paraplegia and quadriplegia (Please Note: paralysis must be due to a spinal cord injury that was caused by an accident, separate from complications caused at birth. Paralysis due to stroke, ALS, Spina Bifida, Multiple Sclerosis, etc., are not eligible). We wish we could help all people with an SCI disorder, but our current demand far outweighs our resources.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need and may be required to provide documentation.
- There is no age requirement.
- Applicants must reside in the United States.
- Applicants must request a specific modification or single piece of equipment to apply for a SOAR Foundation grant; requests for “anything you can give” will not be considered.
- Eligible items include wheelchair outdoor tires, wheelchair attachments, vehicle modifications (i.e., hand controls or lifts), small home modifications including ramp, anything that helps you get outdoors.
Due to the number of applications we receive we cannot fulfill every request. We accept grants for exercise equipment (FES Bike, Standing Frame) or recreational equipment.
Grants are disbursed directly to suppliers of the desired equipment or modifications. Individuals making the grant application are required to submit estimates from potential suppliers. Please complete all sections of the application; incomplete applications will not be considered.
How To Apply For A Grant
Applicants must complete all questions of the applications in order to be considered for a SOAR Foundation Grant, including providing contact information and estimates from at least two (2) suppliers and/or contractors for the equipment or renovations requested in the application; incomplete applications will not be considered.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the volume of grant applications, we respectfully request no phone calls or emails inquiring about the status of applications. Grant recipients will be notified by phone or mail upon approval.
Application Submission Periods and Requirements
In addition to the application, the following supporting documentation must be included. Applications that do not have all of these documents will not be reviewed.
- Written quotes from companies/contractors for modifications.
Please note that all materials submitted are non–returnable.
- Applications are accepted year-round and are considered at quarterly Trustee meetings.
- Grants run on average of $2,000 – $3,000; there is no minimum award.
- Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis.
The SOAR Foundation will review each request and make specific recommendations to the Board of Trustees for approval. The Board meets monthly to authorize grant awards. All notifications, both of awards and declinations, will be mailed out after the Board has met. All supporting materials should be submitted to the address above.
Tom Higgins Charitable Grant
This is a once a year grant that SOAR will be responsible for granting, in the form of equipment and based on need, that will be determined by a combination of at least two board or executives of SOAR.
The mission of SOAR is to provide programs, services and equipment to improve the emotional and physical quality of life for people with disabilities along with families and individuals in need by creating outdoor accessible environments. As we grow and reach our long term goals we will be able to provide other grant opportunities. Please be patient as we update our grant form which will download to your computer. Please fill out the entire form and either fax it to 708-478-8695 or mail it to SOAR 10254 W. 195th Street Mokena, Illinois 60448 for grant consideration.
OPEN GRANT OPPORTUNITY
Please send firstname.lastname@example.org an email request for our grant form and we ill send it to you, or you may download a copy here.